- 2 cups all-natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup organic honey
- 1/2 cup organic puffed rice
- 1 tsp. all natural vanilla extract
- 2 cups unsweetened carob chips
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil or shortening
1. Mix peanut butter, honey, organic puffed rice and vanilla extract in a bowl.
Cover and chill in refrigerator for 1 hour.
2. Once chilled, remove peanut butter mixture from the refrigerator and roll into
teaspoon-size balls. Place onto cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Return to
fridge for an additional 30 minutes.
3. While peanut butter balls are chilling, place carob chips in a medium bowl and
mix in 1 tbsp. Of vegetable oil/shortening. Place in microwave and heat for intervals
of 30 sec. Until smooth. Repeat with peanut butter chips.
4. Remove peanut butter balls from refrigerator and coat with melted carob chips.
Return to refrigerator until carob coating is hard.
5. Remove cooled balls from refrigerator. Place melted peanut butter chips in a
sandwich bag and cut a small corner off bag, drizzle over peanut butter balls.
6. Package as gifts or serve immediately to hungry puppies.
Photo By Linda Hayes Photography