Delicious cranberry coconut treat
These tasty cranberry coconut cookies are the perfect treat to give to your dog this holiday season. When packaged in cello bags, they make the perfect gift! Not only do they taste great, but cranberries and coconuts have numerous health benefits as well.
Cranberries are rich in vitamins including A, B1, B2, C, and many nutrients. They are full of minerals and antioxidants. Cranberries are also an excellent supplement to your dog’s diet for the promotion of urinary tract health.
Prep/Assembly Time: 10-20 min
Bake Time: 13-15 min
Yields approx. 2 dozen cookies
• 3 1/4 cups of oat flour
• 1 cup of quick cooking rolled oats
• 1 tsp. of baking powder
• 1 1/2 cups of dried cranberries
• 1/2 cup organic honey
• 1 1/2 cups of unsweetened dried coconut
• 2 tsp. of all natural vanilla extract
• 1 1/2 cups of water
1. Preheat oven to 350° and spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray, or line with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, mix oat flour, rolled oats, baking powder, honey, vanilla extract and water until combined. Mix in dried cranberries and coconut.
3. Sprinkle table with some oat flour and roll out dough to about 1/2” thick. Cut out with your desired shape cookie cutters. Place about 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
4. Bake until cookie bottoms just begin to brown, about 60 minutes. If baking two sheets at once in one oven, switch their positions halfway through baking.
5. Let cookies cool on sheets for 5 minutes, then use a wide spatula to transfer to racks to cool completely. Serve to hungry puppies.