Delicious Apple Pie
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour
- 1 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 3 apples thinly peeled and sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 cup natural, unsweetened apple juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of potato starch
For the Crust:
1. Combine oat flour, vegetable oil, water and salt into bowl.
2. Lightly knead dough in the bowl until it forms a ball
Note: add water if too dry or flour if too wet.
3. Divide dough into two parts. Flatten each part into a disk, and chill for about 30
minutes before rolling.
4. Press into mini pie tin.
For the Filling:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Whisk together the potato starch, cinnamon and 1/4 cup of the apple juice.
3. In a saucepan over medium heat, simmer the apples in the remaining apple juice
4. Add the potato starch mixture and stir until thickened.
5. Pour into bottom crust and cover with top crust.
6. Bake for 45 minutes or until crust is golden brown.